Thursday, April 22, 2010

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Random Fun Stuff for The Family

Happy Thursday to everyone. Didn't get to do my park review yesterday because I was out doing wedding stuff with my bestie, so I was in wedding mode all day. Today I just wanted to share some random thoughts I thought everyone might enjoy.

Over the weekend I made a fabulous cake that I found from a fellow blogger. I didn't have a chance to take a picture but you can visit Lindsey's Kitchen to view it. I substituted the icing for Cool Whip and the m&m's for Reeses Pieces. Intrigued yet?? Check out her blog and try it for yourself. It was so easy to make and it definitely passed the husband/child test.



I also made an ice cream pie the other night. Very very easy, and also delicious. You simply mix vanilla ice cream with lemonade concentrate. Add the lemonade to the ice cream and stir until smooth. Keep testing the mixture until it's "lemony" enough for you. Once mixed, poor mixture into grahm cracker pie crust then freeze until solid. Then slice and serve. So yummy!

For all of you who love candles please visit KDC Events to enter a Gold Canyone Candle giveaway. I love my gold canyon candles, I usually burn mine about everyday and it keeps my house smelling wonderful for hours. Please check out this giveaway, you won't regret it!

Last but not least. Calling all locals, the Upland Lemon Festival starts tomorrow 4/23/10. If you've never been I recommend going. They have carnival rides, games, boutiques, great food and entertainment. We went last year and had a blast. My hubby won a gold fish for us, which died a week later =( If you're interested, the event is held in Downtown Upland and will last all weekend.


Happy Earth day Everyone!

7 comments:

Debi said...

Happy Earth Day! Can't wait to hear how the Lemon Festival goes -- that sounds fun!

carissa said...

mmmmm... i want some dessert now! thanks for passing along all these great info!

KDC Events said...

Thanks for the shout out Jana!!! I do LOVE my candles and this is a fabulous giveaway worth over $30!

Patricia said...

okay I have never heard of mixing ice cream with lemonade. Sounds yumalicious!!

Lindsay said...

My hubby would LOVE that lemon ice-cream
pie! I'll definitely have to make it for him sometime :)
Fun that your bff is getting married-mine did last year and it's so fun to help with stuff!

Anonymous said...

hi from the TMC! glad to be following your blog. :)

Unknown said...

Ice cream pie sounds wonderful! I've never done that before. My kids would love making that with me. They really enjoy being in the kitchen and helping out.

I wanted to pass along this Mom's Guide to caring for kids teeth. It has great ideas on how to keep your kids teeth healthy. I hope you find it helpful too. http://www.1dental.com/moms-guide/

Post a Comment