Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Welcome

So lately I've been thinking; there's got to be more to do then just go to the playground everyday. Of course there are other things to do but everything is so expensive, and we have a single budget income to work with. Don't get me wrong, I am in no way complaining and I am very thankful for the opportunity to be able to stay at home with my son. My problem is that I can't seem to think outside of the box. I have tried looking up stuff on the internet but we usually end up at the park anyways.

Last night I got to thinking more seriously about things that we can do or adventures we can go on. And it occurred to me, BLOG! I can hold my self accountable for trying new things and thinking outside of the box more if I blog about it. I'm sure I'll end up at the park still, but not as often. I would like to try new things, and see how it goes. Let everyone else know how it was, Did my son like it, Did I like it, Was it affordable, Age appropriate etc etc.

I hope that someday this blog will be full of ALL kinds of information for parents. A reference of things to do with kids. If anyone has any ideas they would like to share please do so. I took my son, Logan, to the playground today and he is napping peacefully now. But tomorrow I hope to embark on a real "play date" with him, and I'll let you know how it goes.

5 comments:

Steph @ Thoughts From Cali said...

How exciting Jana!!!! I have added you to my Favorite blogs. Even though my little one is 15 I am excited to hear about your adventures!!!!!

Mattias Gramy said...

Hi Jana
It was fun meeting you at the Library today. Our little men, were truly being little men. Weren't they? . . .I love the idea of your blog and hearing about your creativity for the future. I will check back again. Would love to hear of your adventures with Logan. God bless!

Good Girl Gone Shopping said...

I always loved growing up doing arts and crafts and swimming lessons. I know that Logan is still a bit young for these things, but there are wonderful teachers and instructors out there who cater these activities to young ones. Have you ever taken him to Kid Space in Pasadena? It's THE coolest museum for kids. I had my birthday there when I turned 7.

I don't have kids, as you know, but these are places that my sister has taken Neria (who is now 3) and had a blast. So maybe these are future ideas. Have fun!

ThingsToDoWithKids said...

Carolyn, Thank you so much for checking out the blog. It was nice meeting you too, and hopefully we'll run into eachother again.

Elana, thanks for the ideas. I'm trying to keep an idea journal so those will definately be added.

KDC Events said...

Yay Jana! I am looking forward to following your blog and lerning about all kinds of fun things to do with my kiddos!!

Post a Comment