Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Antique Shopping with my Boy


Recently my best friend friend of 25 years started planning her wedding. Her idea for the theme is very cute and something I've never heard of before. It requires a lot of antique store shopping. It gets tricky though because she is located in Northern CA and Myself, along with the rest of her bridesmaids are located in Southern CA. She let me know exactly what it is that she needs, so yesterday Logan and I headed to Antique Row, Pomona CA (about a 5 minute drive for me). I forgot how much I love looking at all the stuff they have. I really wanted to buy so much.

The first store we went into had one of the items I was looking for. So I purchased that and decided to look around some more, just for funsies. Logan and had fun too. He would Ooh and Awww at stuff that I would point out to him. He really liked when we looked at the toys. I found a children's book section that had very good prices on books that I had grown up with. Remember a "Little Golden Book" collection? It was the thin cardboard books with the silver on the left. Anyways, they were selling them by the bundles. For $4.25 I was able to get Noah's Arc(2 of those), Old MacDonald Had a Farm, The Musicians of Bremen, Moving Day, When Bunny Grows Up, The Monster at the end of this Book (sesame st.), Winnie the Pooh (Eeyore be happy), and Scuffy the Tug Boat. I was very excited about my find. Not a bad deal at all.

If you are at all interested in antiques, or even on the look out for affordable children stuff, then you should stop by this Saturday, March 27Th. They will have the entire street closed off for an Antique Street Fair. All stores will be open and they will be offering extra discounts. Plus, their will be street vendors their as well. I definitely recommend checking it out. Bring the kids too, Logan had a blast. I thought he'd be bored but he actually ended up enjoying himself. I will likely be there this Saturday trying to find more wedding stuff. Hopefully we'll see you there!

Photo Credit: www.westernu.edu

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the info. I love antique stores in Pomona. I will try to be there on Saturday, sounds like fun. I am glad Logan was good for you, he is such a sweetheart. I love to look at the old bowls. I love bowls and they are usually very inexpensive.

Anonymous said...

I love antique shopping. Redlands has some awesome stores, me and Elton love to go to the coffee shop downtown get a cup and just window shop all afternoon. It's perfect. You don't spend much money (if any). Nice way to spend an afternoon out.

ThingsToDoWithKids said...

Thanks for the info Emily. We'll have to check out the shops in Redlands sometime. Redlands is where the wedding will actually be.

KDC Events said...

Sounds fun!! What type of theme is she going with? You know me, I love to hear all about people's creative wedding ideas!!

Debbie G said...

From what I understand, downtown Fullerton also has some nice antique shops. I went to some once upon a time.

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

I have never been to the shops on that side of the street. I used to frequent the Glasshouse across the street though =) Are the shops still decorated with the crazy paint from The Cat in the Hat?

And I am with Denice, please explain the wedding theme!

Post a Comment